Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Just had to share


Nolan has been having a really hard time saying the word "shut up" Anytime we try to scold him he'll say it or he'll just randomly blurt it out. He has even said "shut up momma!" AAAHHGGG! (In all fairness he learned the word from me, I like saying it when I can't believe what I'm hearing but have nipped that bad habbit over the last month) No matter what I do he won't stop. I tried putting him in time out every time I would hear it and that made it worse. Then I tried ignoring it for about a week and that didn't help. So lately when he says it we sternly say "that is NOT a nice word" and sometimes we put him in time out if he won't stop or acknowledge its not a nice word. So here's to the funny part. I'm in here in the den writing some emails and I hear him singing the "once there was a snow man" song in his room. We have been singing it a lot since it snowed. Suddenly in the middle of the song he sings "shut up is not a nice word". It was so funny. Then a few minutes later while playing with his buzz light year he sternly said "Shut up is not a nice word buzz.... Go to time out" I had to giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment